Friday, September 28, 2007

The Good, the Beautiful, and the Ugly!!!

Well, this week has been nutty for us here in Tacoma. I could hardly contain myself during last weekend because I was excited to begin my new job with DaVita on Monday. I love this company and love working for the corporate offices in Tacoma. I had a few days of intensive orientation and then a meeting all day Wednesday. I have just started "learning" the ropes of my new position but so far love the people that I am working with and will be leading in the months to come. Many of the staff take walking lunches at DaVita, where they walk during the lunch hour in downtown Tacoma, and then eat a brief lunch at their desks sometime during the afternoon. I have joined a few ladies from my department in a brisk afternoon walk and have enjoyed the fresh air and sunshine. Today's photo was snapped during my lunch walk, it was a real blessing to enjoy!

Jim was offered a Team Lead promotion within Honeywell yesterday; he applied and interviewed for this new position over the summer. For one reason or another the offer had been delayed but he happily accepted the offer. This new role will bring new challenges and new opportunity for Jim, I know he will be very successful in this new adventure. Some additional good news from Honeywell is that after much discussion and negotiations, Jim's office will remain in the Redmond facility. There had been some concern that his office might relocate out of the region due to the lose of the building lease with Microsoft. Honeywell was able to find space within the buildings that they own on the Microsoft campus for the entire department to be housed. The plan is that over the next 6 months building 4 will be remodeled and sometime mid 2008 the relocation will happen. We were so pleased that this all worked out for everyone in the Global Data Center to stay here in the Seattle Metro area.

Okay, the ugly thing of this week is that I was in a fender bender on the way home from work Friday night (yes just today). Luckily, I did not have the kids as I had just left the office in downtown Tacoma and no one was hurt. My Pacifica has medium bumber damage in the front end and the other car is similarly damaged in the backend. Yes, the front end...which means I hit the car in front of me. I wish I could blame it on something but unfortunately I can't I honestly thought he started moving and I just went forward...right into his back end. Thankfully the cop was nice and didn't issue me a ticket. So, my car is parked for the weekend until Jim can meet with the insurance adjuster on Monday to assess the damage. Jim is alittle miffed at me and I am disappointed too but I guess if it had to happen I am just thankful that no one was injured.

No comments: