Thursday, October 4, 2007

Going Strong...12 years and Counting!

Jim and I celebrated our 12th Anniversary today and we are still going Strong. Its funny how our lives and the meaning of words can change. When I hear Strong I automatically think about Lance Armstrong and beating the odds. In a way, I would like to compare us to Lance...He beat the odds and took life by the horns...never willing to accept defeat. Jim and I have faced many challenges (even when others doubted our choices), heartbreaks, and immense joy together by living everyday for our family and God. I gladly give all the credit to God, He alone has helped us in so many ways to become the couple and family we are today. Jim surprised me on our special day; treating me to beautiful Peruvian Lilies (he remembered I don't care much for Roses) and special loose leaf tea that I love to drink, which is challenging to get. We have both had busy work schedules lately but we have promised to try and sneak away for a weekend; just the two of us. I still feel my heart quicken when he is close to me and I still love the sound of his voice. My heart has never been closer to another person and I never want it to be. Jim is not only my husband but he is my closest friend...I would be lost without him. I look forward to continuing our adventure together and the many years we will spend together discovering, laughing and mostly growing closer to each other.

No comments: