Sunday, October 7, 2007

Spooner Farm ~~ Pumpkins

Well, we normally are the crazy family looking for pumpkins the weekend before Halloween. I panic every year because the perfect pumpkin is already at someones house being carved, due to my own fault of poor planning and scheduling. So I have a tendency to take forever picking the right pumpkin for me. Halloween is one of the holiday's that always sneaks up on me and catches me off guard. Well, Deryck problem solved this year for a fantastic solution...going early with his new Cub Scout Pack. We invited Papa and Memaw for what was the most beautiful fall afternoon, and we were able to avoid all the rain and enjoy alittle sunshine too. Spooner Farm offered a great corn maze that Jim lead us through, "horsey and cow" rides to little kids, and huge spiders that guarded the Great pumpkins. We also enjoyed launching a few gourds towards a bullseye. As we left the weather started to turn and our drive home was covered in typical Seattle Fall Rain.

1 comment:

Aunt Jen said...

Awwwwwwww!!! Too cute!!!! I want to go!!!!