Saturday, September 8, 2007

Back to School means Big Changes...

Week One of Back to School completed and we survived. Deryck's new teacher, Ms. Seeley, is very nice and is excited about getting back in the school groove. This is Ms. Seeley's second year teaching ~ at Edison and the third grade. She and Deryck hit it off right away, he really likes her and is excited about returning to school. Hopefully this excitement will continue throughout the school year and lots of learning can take place. Ashley has been having a great time at her new Pre-School and she has transitioned nicely there. I think it has been easier on her so far because Deryck joins her in the mornings before school and then again after school is out until I pick them both. The kids have been great about going to bed on time, however we are still struggling with our morning routine.
I start working for Comcast this coming week, but honestly I am still holding out for a position with another company I have interviewed with three times now. I should know a final answer from the other company mid to late next week but in the mean time I will start with Comcast... just in case.

Jim is still waiting for a formal approval of the promotion that he is expecting within Honeywell. He is excited about this new position as it means another set into management with increasingly more responsibilities within Flight Sentinel and International Trip Services.

Hopefully life will settle into a nice routine and the changes will slow down for all of us. Well... maybe just a nice routine is enough to ask for.

2 comments:

Aunt Jen said...

Yeah, I have a hard time with mornings too!!! :) It usually includes a cave woman walk to take the doggies out and somehow me slithering my way into the shower!

Aunt Jen said...

Did I fall asleep on the phone last night???? I can't rememeber????