Friday, August 17, 2007

Last Days of Summer...

Well, the count down to back to school has begun in the Arnold Home. Officially we have 2 weeks and 2 days to enjoy the days without worry. I started school supply shopping last week instead of waiting until the night before like normal. I was pleased to find out that some of Deryck's uniform clothes that I bought in May still fit and have no holes in the pants. Judy easily created new shorts for Deryck so during those hot fall days he can stay cool at school in shorts. So with the purchase of a few more shirts, pants, and zip-up hoody we are almost finished with Deryck's shopping. I love that he attends an uniformed school now it makes shopping so much easier for this crazy mom. I have a few more items to pin down like new winter coat, sneakers, and an emergency preparation kit for Deryck. Ashley is just going to daycare with a preschool/pre-K component so I will need to pick up normal clothes and shoes for her. Thankfully I can still shop at consignment shops and clearance items from our favorite stores for her general needs. She has continued the pink fashion statement and has even been speaking up while looking at clothes that she likes/dislikes. I continue to remind Jim that our princess will some day be possibly darned in black or become a tom-boy at some point in her life. It's hard to think of those things but she too is growing up fast.
Quick update on the Basketball goal situation. I spoke with Mr. Owens down the road and as soon as we get lights for the garage he will do the electrical work needed so we can install the goal. I plan on getting them today, who knows Deryck's Basketball playing days could begin as early as Monday if the electrical work is done this weekend and the two of us can get the whole thing assembled without too much of a struggle...I will keep you posted.

No comments: