Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow Happens... even in Tacoma!

The weather man has been very busy here in the Puget Sound this week. I don't know enough about weather reporting but I assume that this is the place "they" would send you if you made your boss angry. The weather is normally one of two things.... Raining (aka: Seattle Spit) or about to rain. This week however we have had wind, a little hail, icy rain and my very favorite snow. Some parts of the Interstate (I-90) are still closed due to the mass amount of snow that is dumping in the mountains, but here in T-Town the snow is gone. I awoke Monday to a nice gentle snow and as I left for work that morning I snapped these snowy shots. Most of the school districts had a delay of two hours... all because of 1 to 2 inches of snow! I am sure school was never delayed for that amount of snow when I was a kid... but then I did grow up in up state NY, where lake effect reigns king. This little amount of snow made me think a funny thought... we all have a family member that we love to hate. You know the one that you look forward to seeing that you see only one or twice a year... but then they over stay their visit and begin to really annoy you... well, I decieded this week that snow is that exact situation. We all love snow; can't wait to play in it, reminisce days of the past, or snuggle and watch it fall. But then, we have to worry about driving in the snow with many other lunatic drivers, wiping off the car after work with your bare hands because you don't own a scrapper due to you live in Seattle where it rains every day, or my favorite (and one thing I would never have considered if I live back east) the general messy snow residue leaves on everything. Well, as I look forward to the snow melting away I am starting to dream of warmer weather that I might encounter while in Dallas next week. Of course, with my luck the snow will move east and shut down the Midwest during my short yet busy trip.

No comments: